My mom went back again today at 8:00am until 4:00pm. She's exhausted so I'll give you all the update. Basically the argument today between the 2 lawyers was "what question are we going to ask the jury." My mom was called up to testify during the case and they asked her the question;
"When did you find out about the auction?"
Her other lawyer immediately objected and the judge called them both back in his chambers for 30 minutes. My poor mom had to sit there that whole time and wait. When they returned, it was a back and forth battle of arguments about case law. At this point it seems the case can go either way. The biggest question is: if my mom wins against Vecchio, will Wells even work with her to modify her loan?
In the mean time while this case is going on and especially if she wins, she will have to pay rent. Her lawyer advised her to find a broker or someone qualified to give her "fair market rental value" to stay in the house during the appeal. If anyone knows someone who can do this, please let us know!
Court will be finished on MONDAY. My mom will be going in at 8:30. So for now keep praying for peace and hope.
Here are the facts:
There is a basic for an appeal if she loses, but it doesn't fix anything and these appeals can drag on for months and she will have to pay rent.
So on Monday, if my mom wins, it gives her more time to now fight Wells Fargo but if she loses, she will receive a 5 day eviction. If she does receive a 5 day eviction, we will have to order an extension very quickly to give my Mom more time to pack and figure out where she's going.
Also, If anyone has any tents and camping gear, please let us know! We might be occupying!
Thank you again for your support and prayers!