My Story

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

Hello dear friends and family,

Let me start by saying Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you find a moment in the bustle of cooking, preparing, and visiting, to remember the things you are thankful for this day, and that your holiday is filled with joy and love. I will be spending the day with all of my children and grandchildren, enjoying our time together and the time we have left in our family home. Today will be the "last hurrah" for my family in the only place we have all called home for 39 years. My long, 2+ year fight is over, and I have been forced to give up my home by December 18. As you can imagine, I am heartbroken, but I trust in God for strength, peace, and guidance as I head out in a new direction in life.

I will be moving the weekend of December 10th & 11th to allow my dear friend Majel from church, time to organize and prepare for an estate sale the weekend after. My oldest daughter Jenny, her husband Steve, and my 2 beautiful granddaughters have graciously opened their home to me while I begin the process of applying and finding, suitable low cost housing in Orange County. So far, the research I've done suggests it could take a while for something to open up, but my amazing daughter and her family have allowed me all the time I need to ensure I find what I need. If I choose, I also have an offer from one of my nearest and dearest friends, Sue, to spend some time in Missouri, but my children and grandchildren would prefer I stay close.

My daughter Lauren, and her husband Mike just moved into a place in Orange County and have opened their home to me as well to spend a day, or even an overnighter to catch up with old friends, go to church Sunday morning, and maybe even drop in on the "dog park" group! Jenny's home is able to accommodate not only me and my wheelchair (with some limitations), but Kai (my large Black Labrador) as well. As sad as I am that I am unable to bring my adult male (neutered) cats as well. I was fortunate enough to have found homes for all but one. If you feel a tug at your heart, and you are an animal lover like me, please give me a call or email me for more details.

I want to thank all of you who have stood by me during this trying time. You've held my hand, hugged me tight, wiped my tears, prayed with and for me, reminisced, laughed, cried, and made me feel like I could fight one more day, I thank you. I am so very truly blessed by the gift of your love and friendship and appreciate every moment you have given me. This year I am thankful for the love and support of my family and friends, the memories my home of 39 years has given me, and my faith. God is good. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Thank you and love to you all.
Love in Him,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment